As part of providing for the ongoing equipment needs of the Devon General Hospital, the Foundation purchased a Trauma Light and Blanket Warmer for the Emergency Care Unit as well as a Blanket Warmer for the Nursing Unit with the funds raised at the 2019 Tastes From Around the World Event.
Specific projects include:
- Family Centre Care Suites –All furnishings, including new electric beds, to equip 3 Family Care Suites in the Hospital.
- Walk in - Wheel in Shower - for the convenience of patients and staff.
- Long Term Care Upgrades - including furnishings & entertainment centre.
- Emergency Room – Furnishings, including IV treatment chairs, Ultra Sound Machine, Training Manikin, Bladder Scanner and Vein Viewer.
- Nursing Unit – new tub/lift
- Bariatric Care Room with Bariatric Bed and Lifts
- Acute Care Room - all new furnishings including new powered beds
- Meditation Room - includes all furnishings and a new stained glass window
- Foundation Office – A permanent office shared with our Gift Shop upon from which to operate the business of the Foundation
In addition to the major projects,
the Foundation also provides funds and equipment including:
- Breast Pump Rentals
- Specially designed Bathtubs
- Telephones and Television in Acute Care Rooms – at no charge
- Equipment for Community Care/Adult Day Program
- Defibrillators for the Community
- Furnishing quiet rooms and the Long Term Care Dining Room
- Enhancing the outdoor Courtyard and Hospital entrance
- Rehabilitation equipment
- Wall murals in Hospital entrance lobby & hallway with memorials and donator recognition