We need your help to continue providing our programs and services
The need for our programs and services, and the cost of medical care continues to rise. This is why your financial help is critical for us to continue providing patients and their families with excellent care and access to new equipment. Here are some examples of how your donation can help.
- $100 donation get us one step closer to purchasing medical equipment.
- $50 donation helps a student complete their education in a healthcare related field.
- $25 donation could provide comfort supplies for family members of palliative care patients.
- $15 monthly donation buys flowers and potted plants for the Hospital courtyard.
How You Can Help
All gifts to the Devon General Hospital Foundation regardless of the type or size of gift are appreciated and acknowledged. Listed below are different ways you can contribute. Your gift of cash, cheque or money order
is the simplest way to give to the Foundation. Cash gifts will be accepted for any purposes consistent with the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
- A simple provision in your will to leave some of your assets to the Devon General Hospital Foundation.
- The gift of a new or existing life insurance policy naming the Devon General Hospital Foundation as beneficiary.
- A gift of publicly-traded, appreciated securities or employee stock options to the Devon General Hospital Foundation qualify for special benefits due to recent changes to Income Tax regulations.
- You may choose to make the Devon General Hospital Foundation the beneficiary of either your RRSP or your RRIF or to direct some of the income from either to the Foundation during your lifetime or in your will.
- If resale is permitted, the Devon General Hospital Foundation is pleased to consider your gift of real estate. The charitable deduction typically is based on the appraised market value.
- The Foundation welcomes the opportunity to consider gifts in kind which might include works of art, antique furniture, mineral or petroleum interests, rare coins and the like.
- Endowment funds are gifts to the Devon General Hospital Foundation where the principal amount is invested and only the annual interest income is used for work of the Hospital. The principle itself is not spent and continues to generate income annually to provide needed health care resources year after year. Large endowments can be named in honour of your family or yourself.